Crispy roasted potatoes, topped with melting cheese and plenty of crisp bacon are a great side dish for any meal.
Crispy Cheese and Bacon Potatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6 servings
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 250g bacon
- 3 extra large potatoes, peeled and chopped in cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheeses
- 3 spring onions, sliced thin
- Spread the bacon slices in a large rimmed baking sheet pan and place on the middle rack of a COLD oven. Set the temperature to 200ºC. Bake for 16 minutes, check the bacon and remove it from the oven when it is as crisp or crunchy as you like.
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. There should be 2-3 tablespoons of bacon grease left on the tray.
- Put the potatoes on the tray and toss with tongs to thoroughly coat them in the bacon grease.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes out in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes, stir well and bake an additional 20 minutes. Stir again, making sure that none of the potatoes are sticking to the tray. Bake another 15 minutes.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Remove the potatoes from the oven, stir again and sprinkle with shredded cheese and chopped bacon.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake an additional 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Top with sliced spring onions just before serving.
- Ready in : 85 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Lunch
MyCookingIdeasRead more about this chef..
Find us on:
Pies as a specialty has long been present in our...
It's Never Too Much When We Talk About Chocolate Cakes...
Once I found this recipe, it repeatedly is used in...
advertisment The problems with lack of iron and hemoglobin are...
Extraordinary And Super Healthy Pizza Sauce