Hotdish is filling, convenient, and easy to make. They are well-suited for family reunions, where they may be paired with potato salad, coleslaw, Jello salads and desserts, and pan-baked desserts known as bars.
Tater Tot Casserole (Hotdish)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.7 /5)
- 8 ratings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 500g 80-percent lean ground beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 3/4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Two 300g cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound frozen shredded potato nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat. Finely choppe and add the onions and cook until soft and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add the beef to the onions and cook until the meat is brown, stirring and scraping the bottom of the skillet about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the beef and onion mixture from the skillet into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Scatter the green beans and corn evenly on top.
- Spread the cream of mushroom soup over top and top with frozen potato nuggets.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour; the potato nuggets should be golden brown.
MyCookingIdeasRead more about this chef..
Find us on:
Pies as a specialty has long been present in our...
It's Never Too Much When We Talk About Chocolate Cakes...
Once I found this recipe, it repeatedly is used in...
advertisment The problems with lack of iron and hemoglobin are...
Extraordinary And Super Healthy Pizza Sauce