French onion soup will never be fast, but at least you can outsource the slow simmering part to your Crockpot.
The Most Delicious Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4-6 people
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 onions, sliced into rings
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 slices crusty french bread
- 8-12 slices of swiss cheese
- Add butter and onion rings to the pan and saute over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until onions start to brown. Cover and cook about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onions to slow cooker. Add garlic, broth, and bay leaf. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Place slices of bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in preheated oven for about 5 minutes, then flip the bread slices over and return to oven for another 5 minutes or so until bread is dried and crunchy. Set aside.
- Place oven-safe bowls on the baking sheet. Fill each with soup from the slow cooker. Place 2 slices of swiss cheese (overlapping) on top of the soup so the edges are hanging over the sides of the bowls. Bake about 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with crusty bread and sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Ready in : 270 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Dinner
MyCookingIdeasRead more about this chef..
Find us on:
Pies as a specialty has long been present in our...
It's Never Too Much When We Talk About Chocolate Cakes...
Once I found this recipe, it repeatedly is used in...
advertisment The problems with lack of iron and hemoglobin are...
Extraordinary And Super Healthy Pizza Sauce